• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Football falls to Albany 24-17

I can’t get too bent out of shape about a 7 point loss to an Albany team that thumped Villanova and had very respectable showings against FBS programs Hawaii and Marshall. They are a better team than we are at this point in time but we’re clearly better than we were in week 1.  Progress. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It makes me sad that Albany has surpassed us as a program. We used to make fun of them as the perennial losers, the scooby doo’s! They have beat us at home twice in recent memory. Albany, NY seems like a less attractive destination than Towson, MD but somehow we couldn’t snag the Terps QB that they did

4 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Albany, NY seems like a less attractive destination than Towson, MD but somehow we couldn’t snag the Terps QB that they did

Never been there, but Albany is the capital of NY. As to the QB, we’d have to ask Ambrose whether he even recruited him and, if so, why he couldn’t snag him 

It’s possible that three things exist. 1)You can be angry about the penalties, especially from No. 9, who I think had another PF against UNH. The ridiculous amount of running the football when we were incredibly unproductive. 2)0-3 at home is inexcusable even for a first year coach with a completely new scheme on both sides of the ball. 3)But you can see some of the progress of the passing game thanks to Runyon being a focal point. Or the improvement and adjustments made in the second half on defense. Some progress was made since Monmouth.

As frustrated as I was last night, my expectations were not playoffs after the UNH win. I knew this was a pretty good Albany team. Maybe a playoff team. To me, this season is about getting better each game and limiting the horrific penalties, especially dead ball penalties. 

Despite the awful rushing numbers last night, we are still a running team. Even if Hunter is out indefinitely, then Matthews is adequate but let’s see what Chris Watkins can do or Curtis Murray. Watkins is a really elusive runner and Murray has some home run ability. Not sure ability the status of Tyrwll Green, but hopefully he’s in the mix in two weeks.

I know there are limitations at qb and when PS says yesterday that running the ball despite averaging 2.4 ypc at the one was the best option against that defensive line? You’re telling me all I need to know about their confidence in #15.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

X2. More than 1 can can be true at the same time-(1) it was time for a change; (2) the jury is still out on new guy. In fact, the jury hasn’t even begun its deliberations yet. Despite my doubts, I’m fairness this season is a free pass for him. The real test is going to be what he does in the offseason in terms of recruiting and the portal 

The change was a few years too unfortunately 

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

It makes me sad that Albany has surpassed us as a program. We used to make fun of them as the perennial losers, the scooby doo’s! They have beat us at home twice in recent memory. Albany, NY seems like a less attractive destination than Towson, MD but somehow we couldn’t snag the Terps QB that they did

It is sad. We have been passed by two of the three newish teams. Elon and Albany. URI has also sped by.  
Luckily stony Brook is awful too

4 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The change was a few years too unfortunately 

It is sad. We have been passed by two of the three newish teams. Elon and Albany. URI has also sped by.  
Luckily stony Brook is awful too

Right? Does this make as a bottom feeder now? Us, Hampton, NCAT, StonyBrook

27 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Right? Does this make as a bottom feeder now? Us, Hampton, NCAT, StonyBrook

Definitely in the lower half of the league consistently now. Likely will improve down the road with this coach (can’t get worse really so), but fan support is lower than it’s been in years. Next year, even if we are good, there are two guaranteed losses and would need to go 8-2 to sniff the playoffs. 

It is becoming an expense venture at this point….

Never good when you have double the amount of different helmets as you do wins 

There you go again, 

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It is becoming an expense venture at this point….

Advocating for the shut down of TU Football. Why don't you just shut your pie hole.

Edited by etiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I liked what they did with the helmet but I’m disgusted they went out their and lost on homecoming, in front of the 2013 championship run team, how you gonna dishonor Arnold Farmer like that?