• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Football stuns No. 13 W&M 34-24

11 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

Can someone explain ARETE. I‘m out of the loop

It’s a slogan the team uses. A Greek word for excellence 

11 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Seems like a very on-schedule progression through the season for a brand new staff. Playing better each game, developing more chemistry player-to-player and coaches-to-players. Hiccups along the way of course, as should be expected….unless you’re TuTigers2012 whose expectations for a first year coach is an undefeated season or bust. 

William & Mary were suspect coming in. If they were the juggernaut that TuTigers2012 thought they were they would have steamrolled some teams earlier in the season. 

Won’t be surprised at all if we find 2 more wins on our schedule which would make for a very strong 1st season for Coach Pete.

Go Tigers. 

Here for my crow. Boy do I love It!  Expectations aren’t an undefeated season but beating bad teams like Morgan Monmouth and Norfolk state are to be expected. Fcs football Is so mediocre now, there could have been 5-6 wins this year, and may still be.  But beating the better teams is a surprise just like gettin smoked by the poor ones.  

WM has played well this year on defense and we torched them. First team to do that all year. They were missing their offense which hurt but we should take any break given.  BTW tribe fans are calling for a new coach ✌️ 

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

So, we should assume this is a typo, given your solicitude for the football program?🤔

typo!

10 hours ago, griggey20 said:

I find it impressive how you make every positive a negative about a different program. 

Not negative.  Mr football positivity here 

Game planning for the Hens will be interesting. I'm sure they'll try to shut down Runyon, so we'll need a new secret weapon. Any ideas as to who that might be?

18 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Game planning for the Hens will be interesting. I'm sure they'll try to shut down Runyon, so we'll need a new secret weapon. Any ideas as to who that might be?

There’s no other Runyon in the roster. I’d like to see Chosen get ball even on short passes and let’s see what he can do with that speed. Keep getting Watkins the ball at least 10 times and let him do his thing.

20 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

And that’s the question for the chickens.  How can you stop Runyon?  Cover with a corner? Cover with a Safety? cover with a backer?  Answer = none of the above.  He wasn’t a secret weapon yesterday,  WM and the rest don’t have a player that can cover him @  6’6 243

• Like 1

Road wins against two top 25 teams is an accolade no other unranked team in the FCS can say the have done (stat I’m making up)

great team win! What was a depressing year at first now has two very good wins we can be proud of. Pete shinnick sneaking up on some teams! 

imagine a big crowd rocking Johnny U against Delaware in a shootout battle!

need to get a big HOME win in front of a big home crowd