• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls at Monmouth 51-43

3 minutes ago, tualum said:

Yikes. Had to do a double take about the score. Skerryball at its finest!

There’s a lot more where that came from. Over under 6.5 games in league play where we don’t hit the 52 point mark 

If you break the game down into 10 minute increments, we scored 7 points in the first 10 minutes; 13 in the 2nd ten minutes; 10 in the 3rd increment and 13 in the the final increment. 

Pitiful. Watching this dreck was completely joyless 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Tonight was close to rock bottom. Obviously end of Kennedy early skerry was but we are approaching that. Lame Duck coach walking around. 2-3 road wins?! Lol 

If only we played a decent OOC schedule to prepare us. Instead we played 4 of the worst 8 teams in college hoops and still finished 6-6

Rock bottom. 17 games left.   Hope a plan is in place.  Pat sounded defeated and broken in the post game.  Monmouth shot 1-15 from 3 and their big man went 1-9 from the field.  We held Rice to 5 points in the first half but then got his in the second half.  
Watson, Conway, Hicks..  we don’t seem to have much luck like other schools.  At a loss anymore..  can’t open up league play that “ disconjointed “ 

Coach had 13 games to figure out what kind of team he has and how to play and we lack identity and a lead player like Monmouth had with Rice.  

We're stuck with Williamson at point and for him to figure things out, but we can bring Tarke off the bench. Maybe go back to Tejada as the starting 2/3. He didn't seem to handle the benching well and we desperately need scoring. Tarke and Lowery can come off the bench as defenders and push the tempo. There are lot of options but after a night like this, it seems like few if any off that bench can help. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Rock bottom. 17 games left.   Hope a plan is in place.  Pat sounded defeated and broken in the post game.  Monmouth shot 1-15 from 3 and their big man went 1-9 from the field.  We held Rice to 5 points in the first half but then got his in the second half.  
Watson, Conway, Hicks..  we don’t seem to have much luck like other schools.  At a loss anymore..  can’t open up league play that “ disconjointed “ 

Coach had 13 games to figure out what kind of team he has and how to play and we lack identity and a lead player like Monmouth had with Rice.  

There’s just no flow )no pun intended) in our half court offense. Most of the time it devolves into pointless passing and dribbling, culminating in an ill advised desperation shot as the shot clock nears expiration. Of course, much of that can be attributed to Skerry’s inexplicable inability to recruit a PG 

• Like 1

I thought I was watching bad basketball sitting at the top of the Breslin Center tonight and seeing Penn State's turnover total challenge their point total midway through the first half.  And then I pulled up our score and saw down 43-38.  Ok, no big deal.  Wait...3 MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME AND IT'S THAT SCORE??  Beyond pathetic and whatever offensive strides they had been making in the last couple of weeks went crashing thru the floor in this one.  In chatting with someone else who pained themselves to watch that dreck, the conclusion I come to is that the substitution pattern and all of these line changes have to go.  Take your best 5 offensive players and give them the bulk of the minutes.  To me, that's DW, Tejada, May, CT, Sulaiman.  I don't care about defensive matchups and blah blah blah.  Make the other team adjust to us, not the other way around.  Can't match up?  Make adjustments.  But this business of running guys to the scorer's table every 2 minutes and inevitably subbing out guys that are into a rhythm is mind-boggingly stupid and what it tells me is that either we have no cohesive rotation or there's zero trust in any of the guys out on the floor at a given time.  

And yes, running the offense through CT is a terrible idea.  This offense needs more movement with cuts and passes.  That's the only way you're gonna get open looks.  The back to the basket crap ended in the late 90s.  These kids are athletes and they WANT to run.  So let 'em.  This plodding style isn't entertaining or effective as proven by tonight's disaster.

Watch how Wilmington runs their offense on Saturday.  It's stuff like that which we should be doing.  Seahawks will be ticked after laying an egg in Philly tonight and they've already got a big road scalp in the SEC this year so they'll be more than ready to go.

• Like 2

We made 16 baskets. While I wasn’t a math major, I believe that comes out to a basket every 2 1/2 minutes 

9 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

These kids are athletes and they WANT to run.  So let 'em.  This plodding style isn't entertaining or effective as proven by tonight's disaster.

It would be one thing if we were winning in a non-entertaining manner, but this is insult to injury; dull and losing

Edited by TSU88