• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

UNCW preview

37 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Pat and his supporters on here

Which supporters? Seriously, who on here has expressed support for him? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Which supporters? Seriously, who on here has expressed support for him? 

Not you.  But those who are, know who.

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Game Day Decision I’m told..  Louie the Bowie Baysox ☹️

Suffering from flu bug. 

Damn, he’s in my fantasy mascot lineup, and todays the championship game 

• Haha 1

I am on the same page with some of the big picture negativity with this program, but we are 4-0 at home against D-1 opponents (I refuse to count Acadia) and I think we have a decent shot to win today. UNC-W just lost by 15 to Drexel and they are by no means the juggernaut that College of Charleston was last year.

UNC-W is 247th in the nation in scoring defense, 294th in field goal percentage defense, is fouling over 18 time a game (277th in the nation), and has a negative rebounding margin of -0.8 rpg (255th). I suspect the offense will look better against a team that has weaknesses where some of our few strengths lie. That is not to pretend UNC-W isn't a better team than we are. Clearly they are, and a lot of those numbers can be taken with a grain of salt since they played the 47th best non-conference schedule compared to 192 for us. They also have very solid offensive numbers (25th in scoring offense, 47th in free throw percentage and 67th in three-point percentage).   They will also be pissed after getting blown out in their conference opener.

I would expect a game similar to last year's home conference opener against College of Charleston, where we played hard, but lost in OT because of missed free throws late and some mistakes. I am with everyone else in not liking the style, cringing at the offense, and questioning some of the sub patterns. Tejada has to play more than 19 minutes, and needs to be on the floor with May for more than 10 minutes. The spread is UNC-W -1.5 and that is the type of game I expect. For all the things I question about Skerry, I do know they will come out and play hard and be in this game with a chance to win. 

Uh oh it’s a freezing cold day in Towson…I hope the floor doesn’t ice over and get slick a la the Delaware game frozen fiasco! Get the janitor to sweep that floor nonstop!

• Haha 1

Excited to hear Jimmy Patsos run his mouth all afternoon sounding like my drunk uncle smoking a cig watching the game at CVP. Spiro is a saint and is probably going deaf as a result of sitting next to Jimmy P

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Excited to hear Jimmy Patsos run his mouth all afternoon sounding like my drunk uncle smoking a cig watching the game at CVP. Spiro is a saint and is probably going deaf as a result of sitting next to Jimmy P

Both suck.  If you’re betting. I’m in attendance. 6-0 in games that have 2012 there. 0-7 without 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

I am on the same page with some of the big picture negativity with this program, but we are 4-0 at home against D-1 opponents (I refuse to count Acadia) and I think we have a decent shot to win today. UNC-W just lost by 15 to Drexel and they are by no means the juggernaut that College of Charleston was last year.

UNC-W is 247th in the nation in scoring defense, 294th in field goal percentage defense, is fouling over 18 time a game (277th in the nation), and has a negative rebounding margin of -0.8 rpg (255th). I suspect the offense will look better against a team that has weaknesses where some of our few strengths lie. That is not to pretend UNC-W isn't a better team than we are. Clearly they are, and a lot of those numbers can be taken with a grain of salt since they played the 47th best non-conference schedule compared to 192 for us. They also have very solid offensive numbers (25th in scoring offense, 47th in free throw percentage and 67th in three-point percentage).   They will also be pissed after getting blown out in their conference opener.

I would expect a game similar to last year's home conference opener against College of Charleston, where we played hard, but lost in OT because of missed free throws late and some mistakes. I am with everyone else in not liking the style, cringing at the offense, and questioning some of the sub patterns. Tejada has to play more than 19 minutes, and needs to be on the floor with May for more than 10 minutes. The spread is UNC-W -1.5 and that is the type of game I expect. For all the things I question about Skerry, I do know they will come out and play hard and be in this game with a chance to win. 

I think the problem most of us have with this team/coach is on the macro-level. Yes, maybe we win today. Maybe we even bury UNCW by 45 points. Everyone feels warm and fuzzy after a win. But the big-picture is that winning this game doesn’t translate to March.