• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB holds on to beat Drexel 70-67

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I wonder if there was condensation on the floor due to the weather outside

I mentioned that to someone who I was sitting near at the game. It seemed like we slipped a few X’s on our end of the floor, in the 2nd half. All we need is for one of our key players to wrench a knee or something similar. Yet another facilities issue in a building that isn’t that old. I thought I heard someone near me say something about there having been an issue at a WBB home game recently? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I mentioned that to someone who I was sitting near at the game. It seemed like we slipped a few X’s on our end of the floor, in the 2nd half. All we need is for one of our key players to wrench a knee or something similar. Yet another facilities issue in a building that isn’t that old. I thought I heard someone near me say something about there having been an issue at a WBB home game recently? 

That was from the roof in November and that game was just played from the end of the first half against UMES. As a kid, I remember going up to the Cap Centre in the spring when it got warm and the court would have those same issues. Now, they had ice underneath. I don't want to take them to task for that because it could also be just a lot of players sweating more than normal.

Good crowd tonight of over 2,800. Didn't notice many Drexel fans. They have a quality team so I'm sure we'll see them again. Love Justin Moore and Williams is a force when he's motivated. He was in that second half.

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Good crowd tonight of over 2,800. Didn't notice many Drexel fans. They have a quality team so I'm sure we'll see them again. Love Justin Moore and Williams is a force when he's motivated. He was in that second half.

Moore is a really good PG. I thought Williams took some plays off in the first half and/or was injured. But when they got down by 14, with 11-12 minutes left, he turned it up a notch.

And yes, considering most students aren’t yet on campus, and it was a dreary night & the game was on tv, the crowd was pretty good. I also don’t recall seeing many Drexel fans 

PS said in the weekly report guys are required to shoot 100 foul shots and trying various other twists to fix our horrid free throw shooting.  Let’s pull our alumni funds together ASAP via Venmo and fly Rick Barry in from Colorado Springs.  $3k should do it. 

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

A lot of free-throw shooting woes are mental. I think C. May was saying that maybe they shoot too many FTs in practice.  Some guys just have poor form and well, either it's too late for some or others need work.

May

"I think we've been over practicing free throws. We've been shooting 100 a day or more. I think it will come. We just think about it too much."

• Like 1

Just now, Blazer49 said:

Wow, the Sun sent someone to the game?  Nice.

If only the Baltimore Banner would show up!

Not sure if you have heard, but a controversial figure just purchased the Baltimore sun and it’s affiliates, the towson times, the Annapolis gazette…etc

• Like 2