• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

CAA Men's Basketball Thread

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Thanks but expecting that response but just showing how anybody can lose to another team in this wonderful league. Just when  I thought UNCW was the team to beat, they aren’t. Monmouth could get hot and win this league because they have a star player. We do not have that.

Sure. But there’s only been one team to lose to Hampton so

On 2/17/2024 at 2:28 PM, Blounge said:

Wait are these the two comments that were posted that got this person blocked by the Towson Men's Basketball Twitter handle?  Just like Saturday's loss:  "TERRIBLE"

2 minutes ago, tigerjake said:

So I guess we're saying bye to Charleston now that there's an opening in the A10...

Yeah, UMass to the MAC. I think the A10 wants to get rid of a few more teams before they add another.

5 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Drexel-Delaware right now.  Besides structural failure, what do we root for here?

Delaware, we have the tiebreaker over them and Drexel

5 hours ago, tigerjake said:

So I guess we're saying bye to Charleston now that there's an opening in the A10...

exactly what I was thinking. the MAC will be looking at least for another school to make it 14. the A10 will look for more (mostly) private schools that focus on basketball  - they want to be the big east 2.0. Hofstra, Drexel, Northeastern would all love to go to the A10. (also 2/3 are only in the CAA because of football then dropped the sport)  

we continue to get left out because we have no plan.

the CAA is dead - i'd love for us to break away with the other northeast state schools that play FCS and maybe look to move up as a conference to FBS.

Towson
URI - they don't fit with the private school/basketball only A10
Stony Brook
W&M
Albany - upgrade from American East
Maine - upgrade from American East
UNH - upgrade from American East

One to Three of the following
Force Vermont or UNCW to start football to stay relevant 
VMI and maybe the The Citadel  (military rivalry)
Chattanooga
Youngstown State (doubt they leave the MVFC and trash school)

• Like 1