• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024-25 Transfer Thread

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Cranky on the left coast haha. 

I was down at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk for the day 🎢🏖️☀️

Excellent day and happy to report no vampires 🧛‍♀️ 

If anything this is our differentiator. Seems like every school has complete roster turnover except for us. Shows what kind of guys and coaches we have in the program. They don’t want to leave. They don’t believe the grass is greener (for them) elsewhere. 

Towson bball has a nice story of loyalty to rally around this campaign

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

If anything this is our differentiator. Seems like every school has complete roster turnover except for us. Shows what kind of guys and coaches we have in the program. They don’t want to leave. They don’t believe the grass is greener (for them) elsewhere. 

Towson bball has a nice story of loyalty to rally around this campaign

I respect loyalty and if this is the plan then so be it.  I don’t see us winning the conference staying complacent with the entire roster.  
Freshman bigs always take more time.  EG/Jazz Gardner at Nevada who was a 4 star recruit coming in.  
Why not add a transfer big with experience to fill the void of CT?  

3 hours ago, Blounge said:

They don’t want to leave.

Might be another way of saying that some of them know they would draw little to no interest in the portal, so why leave. 

I’m glad we’re retaining Tejada, Lowey and DWill. I’m optimistic, albeit cautiously, about the 2 incoming freshmen. I’m ambivalent as to whether May stays or goes. I’d like to see what Cole and Watson could do, but that may not be in the cards. The rest…I thank for their efforts and wish the best of luck in their future non-basketball endeavors, but I don’t want them back. 

Let’s not conflate inertia and success. So maybe its a nice little feel good story to some (admittedly not me) that almost is everyone back. I’m highly skeptical this is going to translate into meaningful success next season 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Why not add a transfer big with experience to fill the void of CT

If Embeya struggles, as freshman sometimes do, or if he gets in foul trouble, that leaves Paar having to possibly play significant minutes. Let’s see a show of hands of everyone who’s good with that. There can be no question that there are plenty of bigs in the portal better than Paar. And I’m not talking D1 pie in the sky guys we have no shot at. I’m taking run of the mill D1 guys, D2 guys, NAIA and/or JUCOS. You cannot tell me that out of those categories that we are unable to upgrade over what we currently have 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Might be another way of saying that some of them know they would draw little to no interest in the portal, so why leave. 

I’m glad we’re retaining Tejada, Lowey and DWill. I’m optimistic, albeit cautiously, about the 2 incoming freshmen. I’m ambivalent as to whether May stays or goes. I’d like to see what Cole and Watson could do, but that may not be in the cards. The rest…I thank for their efforts and wish the best of luck in their future non-basketball endeavors, but I don’t want them back. 

Let’s not conflate inertia and success. So maybe its a nice little feel good story to some (admittedly not me) that almost is everyone back. I’m highly skeptical this is going to translate into meaningful success next season 

I agree...to keep the team in together that choked away the game against Charleston is a good thing?????????????????????????????  Not sure that I buy that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

If Embeya struggles, as freshman sometimes do, or if he gets in foul trouble, that leaves Paar having to possibly play significant minutes. Let’s see a show of hands of everyone who’s good with that. There can be no question that there are plenty of bigs in the portal better than Paar. And I’m not talking D1 pie in the sky guys we have no shot at. I’m taking run of the mill D1 guys, D2 guys, NAIA and/or JUCOS. You cannot tell me that out of those categories that we are unable to upgrade over what we currently have 

Maybe this is the impetus we finally need to change the offense and get away from that plodding throw it to the post, back em down game.

Nah, who am I kidding.  That ain't changing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Maybe this is the impetus we finally need to change the offense and get away from that plodding throw it to the post, back em down game.

Nah, who am I kidding.  That ain't changing.

Might be going back to four guards and Embeya is more of a face up five at least until he gets stronger. So, might not be a huge change but they will be different next season based on personnel. 

Spoke to an ex College coach today who said our current March Madness version will be dead in 6-7 years.  
Basketball will have a BCS championship and a mid major championship…. separate tournaments. 

• Sad 1