• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Tough loss for Northeastern

Cohen isn’t going anywhere.  What school besides uconn will have an opening up there?

Hes not a spring chicken either. 

Matheny will and should be let go

Grant is interesting. He’s young and from the area. From the Marshall coaching tree, which made his hiring at Charleston ironic to say the least..

Selections for the NIT are not based on merit. NIT is looking primarily for P5 schools for purposes of attendance and tv 📺 ratings. Also, NIT is locked into taking any regular season conference champion that didn’t win its conference tournament 

31 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Colgate out here at USF.  Wish it were Towson instead.  I get it though. 

All about $$$$. 

None of these post season events except the NCAA's matters or is even worthwhile. way too many teams playing in these, both minor and insignificant events. We might even have gotten to beat Manhattan again. Not much to hang your hat on. 

More games and if you have $$$ you play.

Here University of SF has only 1 senior so they wanted more games.  

Not to rant but St Mary’s is the first top 40 RPI ranked team not to dance.  Formula my ass.   Oklahoma lost of 8 of 10 but tv wants Young in there. Texas was a mess all season but Shaka factor.  Syracuse..  ha. 

And I keep hearing the 2 for 1 line.  Yes you can get 2 for 1 games if you pay but you can also be denied because many BCS schools still don’t want to lose at your place.  St Mary’s would play anyone anywhere.  28 wins and not in.  Just sad.  

• Like 1

I don't think the committee watched enough actual games this year because if they had, they could see that St. Mary's and USC were much better options than Syracuse is.  But instead, they relied on all of their fancy numbers and analytics.  I also wouldn't doubt that the FBI investigation had something to do with keeping both USC and Oklahoma State out, despite the committee chairman (Creighton AD, now I see how Creighton got an 8) saying that it never entered any discussions.