• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Basketball Mat

Virginia Cavaliers

Preseason top 25 they are ranked 5th in the country. This is a huge test for this young team right away. If we play the way we are capable of, 

and even better than that on defense it can be a confidence booster for a young team. Is it possible that with an upset win Towson shows up

in the rankings. Someone once said you play to win the game, so while it may not be probable anything is possible. Sometimes youth works

for you, especially if you don’t know your supposed to lose. I will be at the JPJ Arena to watch the first game. I want to know who else is going

and do you think these young men can pull off the upset win and put themselves on the rader. I am predicting that our guys will play better 

than anyone expects and shock the Cavaliers with the win. And if not it will be a close game. Tell me am I crazy?

You're crazy.

Do you know what Virginia's got coming back?  Check out their roster.  Guy, Key, Jerome, Hunter, Salt...all big-time players returning from last year.  They're gonna be ticked off because of what happened the last time we saw them on the court and their defense is top-notch.  Given our ridiculous inexperience, I'd call it fortunate if we scored more than 50 in the game.

I like your enthusiasm.  But you might want to save it for a better-percentage chance of winning than Virginia at JPJ.

you're absolutely crazy.  no group of freshman and juco's led by our three returners (no starters) are going into an angry JPJC and coming within 30.  This will be a bloodbath.  68-31

This is laughable. The HOOS will have something to prove after that 1st round debacle last year. Just about everyone is returning with even more experience. Bennett will have the boys ready. Wish both teams could win since I support both but it will probably be a very nasty affair among the likes of 70-30... Almost tempted to go in person.

Side note on UMBC - they had to restructure their head coaches deal... obviously. Was under contract for like 6 years @ $225k... They doubled his salary to like $475k per year