• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TigerFan54

Final play -- if we run the reverse, two WRs are wide open

Dare to dream. I realize we’re talking about people’s livelihoods, but results should matter. I want whoever the HC is to graduate kids, but I want us to win as well. I don’t think the two have to be mutually exclusive. Enough of this mediocrity.

The dream is the buyout after this season. It's not happening so I'm going to continue to support the team until a change is made. We're not bad. We're not mediocre. We're pretty good but not good enough on D to beat some of these top teams.

There's not a huge talent gap. There's just not. We have closed the gap finally but we haven't done it completely. I think Flacco's play has helped us overcome our deficiencies. But when he's not playing quite as well, those start to show up. The good news is you don't have to worry about him leaving early.

Yeah, I guess the silver lining to all this is that it does diminish the chances TF doesn’t come back next season.

I’d still like to see a new OC next season, & quite frankly I’m not all that crazy about the schemes the D coordinator uses. When we don’t bring the heat on D, we get gashed. If we’re going to get gashed anyway, I say be more aggressive & send the house.

If you really want Ambrose gone but still want to follow the team, they'll be exciting next season with Flacco back, all the receivers save for Gallahan, three of the five OL (Cheripko at RG could be an upgrade), Wallace, Fenner, Harps-Upshur gone but most of D is back. Should be another competitive team and I'm sure he'll add to the D-line. I do like some of the youngsters at DB that are sitting out. Spring should be very competitive as all jobs should be open at safety and cornerback. Deberry should be moved to LB. 

But I digress. It's depressing right now and I can't make this loss disappear. I don't know about coaching changes but sure, TL could force a move at OC. That's probably the last move to be made before the head coaching change.

Btw, I have to respectfully disagree with you that we’re not mediocre. Mediocre is defined as “ordinary, average, undistinguished, unremarkable, pedestrian, lackluster.” Since 2014, we are 26-28. By my way of thinking, if you look up “mediocre” in the dictionary, it will read “see TU football since 2014.”

I meant mediocre this year. We're not. Sure, if we finish 6-5, you can say we're mediocre. Mediocre teams don't beat Stony Brook 52-28. Mediocre program? Of course. We're not bad. We're not good. So fine, we're mediocre. Rhode Island is a bad program having a pretty good season. You can say we're a mediocre program having a pretty good season but hey, that's semantics. We sucked tonight in the first half, sucked in the last drive on both sides of the ball and looking at a fifth straight year out of the playoffs. If the coach didn't have two years left on his deal, I would say he would be in trouble. 

One winning season without west and the transfers from uconn, delaire and Jordan. We have some of the old football people here love rob no matter what. He should be gone and should have been a few years ago. He tricked and swindled all of us 

How many others give shitty effort and results in your job keep it.?

Next year he will be the senior coach or the conference, assuming McDonell retires and what has he accomplished. Hot air, enough to fill  to a parade full of balloons 

Who would be his replacement? He gets good recruits but can’t produce playoff contention year after year.

rob, tick tock your time to get it done is running out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Who would be his replacement? He gets good recruits but can’t produce playoff contention year after year.

rob, tick tock your time to get it done is running out.

Not sure about the good recruits. Really? Morgan Mahalak might have been ok had he been healthy over the last two seasons. It's all about quarterback play. 

But that's to mask some of his recruiting issues on both lines.