• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TheGoldCrotchPiece

UNC played at Elon

Since we are playing Elon in football today I've been doing some Googling about the school. Found out Elon just opened a new arena with UNC playing them in the opener.  I remember UNC playing Charleston on the road (and lost to the Cougars). Why is it that a true blue blood in UNC will play in state road games, even against private schools, but UMD will rarely play us (once in the last 20 years) and never on the road? We can't even get AAC or A10 team to play us at home.

Because Maryland is not the same as North Carolina or Duke. Roy can afford a few bad losses here and there because his teams almost always compete for titles. Turgeon can't so he's scared to play a D-1 team on the road. We should have beaten them a few years ago in College Park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Because Maryland is not the same as North Carolina or Duke. Roy can afford a few bad losses here and there because his teams almost always compete for titles. Turgeon can't so he's scared to play a D-1 team on the road. We should have beaten them a few years ago in College Park.

Was at the game - up at half if I remember correctly.. It was funny to see being up front in the student section

3 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Since we are playing Elon in football today I've been doing some Googling about the school. Found out Elon just opened a new arena with UNC playing them in the opener.  I remember UNC playing Charleston on the road (and lost to the Cougars). Why is it that a true blue blood in UNC will play in state road games, even against private schools, but UMD will rarely play us (once in the last 20 years) and never on the road? We can't even get AAC or A10 team to play us at home.

Brought this issue up in chat. Mind you that UNC played at WOFFORD for you know what sakes. Shame we can't get Terps here at home....

12 minutes ago, tualum said:

Brought this issue up in chat. Mind you that UNC played at WOFFORD for you know what sakes. Shame we can't get Terps here at home....

Half of the Towson students would probably cheer for Maryland....

41 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Only half?

I doubt it but we'll never know. I don't remember what the Towson students were like at the Baltimore Arena I believe in 1994 but damn sure I rooted for the Tigers as a former Md fan.