• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls at Drexel, 72-66

A 7:21 drought, shooting 32% against a poor defensive team. I guess bad offense can make a bad defense look good. I think we got pretty good shots but when we were up 11, took some longs 2, didn't take the ball to the basket, didn't get it inside.Then missed some easy shots in the paint and wide open looks down the stretch.

https://drexeldragons.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mbball&id=6532

Only positives? Betrand with 11 points and 3 treys. Sanders with 13 and 10 off the bench but Demir killed him. Unfortunately, you get very little production from Tunstall and Solomon with 8 points combined so he has to play. Howard did have 5 assists and 0 turnovers but was 4-of-15 from the field and 1-7 from 3pt. Fobbs wasn't much better at 5 for 19 but went 8 of 10 from the line. 

• Like 1

Yikes. no other comments on here?  We fall to 4-18 over our last 22. Not good.

The Good:

Betrand- Played good at home and looked confident in his shots and drives. To bad he clanked that one baseline dunk.

Fobbs, Howard, Dottin combined for 10 assists and just 2 turnovers

We didnt shoot terribly from 3

Got to the line more often then usual

The Bad:

Blew 2 11 point leads in this game 

Now makes back to back 10+ point second half leads--  While this is discouraging it also is encouraging, as it shows the team can play good in spurts against similar level competition 

We made the Turkey kid look like Anthony Davis

Let a sophomore who averages 2.6 points drop 16 on us

Rebounding was average, can't lose that

#2.  I dont understand how Skerry and his staff couldn't see what we all saw years ago..

Hard to be excited about them this year but like fobbs said still a lot of conference play left. But the CAA tourney is what matters

4 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Hard to be excited about them this year but like fobbs said still a lot of conference play left. But the CAA tourney is what matters

That is all very true

38 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Nobody posting is worse news than negative posts. Nobody posting means many of the followers just do not care. 

Or it might mean we didn’t get to see the game and don’t have any comments about it without sounding foolish. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Nobody posting is worse news than negative posts. Nobody posting means many of the followers just do not care. 

All of the followers care, its just hard to put into words how we all feel about this team

• Like 1

Just speaking for myself...I don’t know what else I can say, beyond thoughts I have previously posted after other games this season. It is what it is...we don’t have the talent this season to compete. Not a low blow, just a fact 

• Like 1