• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Chris Datres

TOWSON 12, LOYOLA 10 (story up)

Speaking of officials, I'm wondering what the more-educated lax fans here thought of the two crease calls that went against us -- McClean having a goal wiped out on his dive in the 4th and one of our guys getting pushed into the crease in the 2nd which seemed to escape the refs' vision until they saw him laying in the crease.  I thought both were pretty questionable and tipped in the favor of the #1 team.

The new rule has made that call a very difficult one for the officials. I thought McClean was pushed into the goalie. The goal should have been allowed. I also thought the holding call on Spencer when  he held the ball forever and we doubled him and stripped him at goal line extended was a really bad call. 

Matt spot on regarding Maloof's shot selection. His shot up two with a couple minutes left and 35 seconds on the shot clock was a really bad shot that resulted in a transition goal at the other end. He redeemed himself with a nice move with 90 seconds left.  He made a nice doge and got the shot off that was saved which resulted in a fresh shot clock. B. McClean is good in tight space around the goal and can finish but his lack of foot speed in open space led to a couple of costly turnovers.   

I love the toughness of this team.  Koby Smith and the low D are physical and athletic. Goodrich is a beast and O'Dare has impressed me. 

18 minutes ago, TUvet said:

The new rule has made that call a very difficult one for the officials. I thought McClean was pushed into the goalie. The goal should have been allowed. I also thought the holding call on Spencer when  he held the ball forever and we doubled him and stripped him at goal line extended was a really bad call. 

Matt spot on regarding Maloof's shot selection. His shot up two with a couple minutes left and 35 seconds on the shot clock was a really bad shot that resulted in a transition goal at the other end. He redeemed himself with a nice move with 90 seconds left.  He made a nice doge and got the shot off that was saved which resulted in a fresh shot clock. B. McClean is good in tight space around the goal and can finish but his lack of foot speed in open space led to a couple of costly turnovers.   

I love the toughness of this team.  Koby Smith and the low D are physical and athletic. Goodrich is a beast and O'Dare has impressed me. 

I like Maloof but you're right, that shot at the end with about 1:30 left saved the game thanks to a nice bounce. If they get the ball back there, they are probably tying it. I was shocked we were able to play keep away for 75 seconds until Jake McClean scored that empty-netter. Sovero would look nice on that second unit with Beachum and Greg Ey. Neither can really shoot it but they are fast and can play both ends. That's why you need Jake McClean on that first unit because you can't afford to have too many plodders on offense. It's so important to get more athletes on the midfield from now on. 

Hell yeah!! Knew we would win despite missing the game. Good to have a team with recent success. Should move up into top #3! Keep the train moving. Go tigers!!