• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Football to play North Dakota State in 2021

I'm impressed.  Hopefully we don't screw it up and get a sell out.  Trey Lance will be a junior then, so that'll be tough.

Glad we are home first.. they may have wanted to skip out on us, if the first game was in Fargo.

Will it be tough? Of course. It’s probably an L and they will bring a couple thousand people. We have a year and a half to sell it out. We will need temporary seats.

When Spiro told me about that at the Florida basketball game, my jaw dropped. That’s a really nice marriage and it shows NDSU isn’t scared one bit about taking on a tough game on the road.  Given their history vs 1-A teams, I’m not surprised they’d do it. 

Interestingly enough they actually have not played an FBS school since beating Iowa State 34-14 in 2014. FBS schools probably got sick of losing to them. They are at Oregon to start the season next year but are slated to play Towson, Albany, and Valpo in 2021. Of course, we also have San Diego State in 2021. I don't know how the CAA schedule shakes out that year, but if we play James Madison that will be an absolutely hellacious schedule. This is exciting. There is no excuse for this game not to be close to a sellout, especially considering they will probably bring at least 1,000 fans. I know they are not a brand name, but we should at least be able to hype up the concept of this game to get close to filling the place.