• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023 General Football News

1. can’t say I’m gonna make the trip to the fun tourist destination of Cincinnati, Ohio to watch us lose

2. love playing Morgan state at home. They usually bring 5,000 students. Put this heavyweight matchup on MD Public Television!

3. At Villanova (yawn)

4. I forgot we still have a game AT North Dakota State. The Fargodome looks like a cool experience (for a bison fan). Hopefully we can hold our own with the perennial powerhouse

5. William & Mary was all hype last year, will they be better this year? Idk Goh Tigers!

6. at Norfolk State (revenge game unfortunately)

7. Stony Brook at home should be a W

8. at new rival Monmouth, gotta get our revenge 

9. at Richmond haven’t played them there in a long time

10. Hampton at home should be a win

11. at NC A&T for the greatest homecoming on earth! This will be the best gameday  atmosphere next to North Dakota. 

12.at newby Campbell Camels. I think they will be bruised and limping to the end of the season after year one in the CAA. Towson tigers gonna whoop em!

should be an interesting season to see what Pete shinnick has up his sleeve!

hope Steve Eigenbrot and the marketing team can keep putting our creative promotions to drive fans

• Like 1

Too bad, with a 12-game season, we only have 5 home games. You would think we’ll have to go 8-4 to make the playoffs. While you still have to play the games between the lines, it’s not far fetched to suggest Cincy, Nova and NDSU are all L’s. If that turns out to be true, we’d probably have to go 8-1 in the other 9 games to make the playoffs 

54 minutes ago, Blounge said:

1. can’t say I’m gonna make the trip to the fun tourist destination of Cincinnati, Ohio to watch us lose

2. love playing Morgan state at home. They usually bring 5,000 students. Put this heavyweight matchup on MD Public Television!

3. At Villanova (yawn)

4. I forgot we still have a game AT North Dakota State. The Fargodome looks like a cool experience (for a bison fan). Hopefully we can hold our own with the perennial powerhouse

5. William & Mary was all hype last year, will they be better this year? Idk Goh Tigers!

6. at Norfolk State (revenge game unfortunately)

7. Stony Brook at home should be a W

8. at new rival Monmouth, gotta get our revenge 

9. at Richmond haven’t played them there in a long time

10. Hampton at home should be a win

11. at NC A&T for the greatest homecoming on earth! This will be the best gameday  atmosphere next to North Dakota. 

12.at newby Campbell Camels. I think they will be bruised and limping to the end of the season after year one in the CAA. Towson tigers gonna whoop em!

should be an interesting season to see what Pete shinnick has up his sleeve!

hope Steve Eigenbrot and the marketing team can keep putting our creative promotions to drive fans

Lol 5,000. Yeah right. 
Played Richmond 2 seasons ago. 
What happened to the pod scheduling? Why isn’t Delaware on there??

Counting wins and losses here is a bad practice, we typically lose the ones we should win and vice versa. Though 8-2 to make playoffs is going to be tough. 

My initial reaction is that this could be a meat-grinder schedule with a rough slate of road games. 

I will be making the trip for the Cincy game as my in-laws live in Cincy and I have a nephew at UC. I’ve been to a Bearcats game before and it’s really not a bad game day experience. If you’ve not been to Cincinnati before, I would recommend it. Maybe not a place you’d want to live but a great weekend spot. A *fantastic* food & craft beer town. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

My initial reaction is that this could be a meat-grinder schedule with a rough slate of road games. 

I will be making the trip for the Cincy game as my in-laws live in Cincy and I have a nephew at UC. I’ve been to a Bearcats game before and it’s really not a bad game day experience. If you’ve not been to Cincinnati before, I would recommend it. Maybe not a place you’d want to live but a great weekend spot. A *fantastic* food & craft beer town. 

Love that skyline chili from Cincinnati! And graeters ice cream

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

I'll second that recommendation on Cincy with the food & beer side.  The Reds are also at home that weekend against the Brewers so you could make a pretty fun sports weekend out of it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, etiger said:

Blounge,

The NC A&T game is at Towson not at NCA&T

You are correct. I forgot we played @ NCA&T last season

Wow, that's a grind out of the gates.

at FBS Cincinnati 

vs. Morgan State

at Villanova

at North Dakota State

Nova/NDSU in back-to-back weeks is something else. Good to have the open date after NDSU, but then it's William & Mary, which could be a good one if W&M is serious about payback.

The very end of the Tigers' schedule eases up noticeably; I just hope for their sake it will matter for playoff contention by then. Let's see what the TU roster looks like in Pete's year 2.