• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

7 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Just like football… if we can’t afford to fire coaches at the end of their contracts, there really a needs to be a re-evaluation of being a d1 institution.  We don’t even know how many years he has left because they keep arbitrarily adding years on.  Wonder if 1st row knows?! 😂
Cannot have lame duck coaches. 

Why would I have any idea the number of years left on his contract? 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Just like football… if we can’t afford to fire coaches at the end of their contracts, there really a needs to be a re-evaluation of being a d1 institution.  We don’t even know how many years he has left because they keep arbitrarily adding years on.  Wonder if 1st row knows?! 😂
Cannot have lame duck coaches. 

Skerry's contract is up after the 2025-26 season. His initial contract extension with the university went until after the 2024-25 season, but Skerry (along with the other head coaches at the time) all got automatic one-year extensions because of COVID.

The only thing that Skerry has in his contract that would allow for a one-year extension is an NCAA tournament appearance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerjake said:

Skerry's contract is up after the 2025-26 season. His initial contract extension with the university went until after the 2024-25 season, but Skerry (along with the other head coaches at the time) all got automatic one-year extensions because of COVID.

The only thing that Skerry has in his contract that would allow for a one-year extension is an NCAA tournament appearance.

Can you elaborate? He got an 8-year extension, which was announced in December of 2017, on the heels of winning the tournament in Ireland (I remember Morsell hitting a shot at the buzzer to win the tournament) and the tournament in Florida (beat Georgia Southern to win it). Of course, the season went down the drain from there.  I’m guessing he had a couple years remaining on his contract at the time of the extension, and that the extension really just replaced that contract and in reality added like 5 years to however many years he had left at the time. Then, he got a year added due to COVID. It’s all kind of shrouded in mystery, but it would be nice to know what the calculation is.

If, OTOH, it was really 8 years tacked on, beginning with the 18-19 season, that would go through 25-26, plus add a year for the Covid extension, and that would take it through 2026-27. 

Edited by TSU88

55 minutes ago, Blounge said:

https://twitter.com/sharpshotselect/status/1736595118826676269?s=46&t=_ArGClX3XZ7EdROrGIJtmw

The best Towson fan out of us all put together a great recap of the Bryant game

No this is not my cousin!

That was well done, although (old man grip alert) I fear this is how 95% of anyone under the age of 21 watches a game these days. That was the first time I saw the video of the foul call on the three-point, and it looked like a BS call from that angle (which was a decent shot of the play). I can't complain too much because we shot ourselves in the foot about 50 times to lose that game. For that matter, so did Bryant. 

2 hours ago, tigerjake said:

Thanks for this. So 2.5 more years of pain?  He could get 5 years if he can take us to the promiseland 

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

https://twitter.com/sharpshotselect/status/1736595118826676269?s=46&t=_ArGClX3XZ7EdROrGIJtmw

The best Towson fan out of us all put together a great recap of the Bryant game

No this is not my cousin!

Yeah right…

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

That was well done, although (old man grip alert) I fear this is how 95% of anyone under the age of 21 watches a game these days. That was the first time I saw the video of the foul call on the three-point, and it looked like a BS call from that angle (which was a decent shot of the play). I can't complain too much because we shot ourselves in the foot about 50 times to lose that game. For that matter, so did Bryant. 

50/50 IMO. He knew he was going to be fouled and hoisted it as he got touched. If he wasn’t touched, he would have kept dribbling.  Senior move.  Guard the inbound and it’s easier to defend out or foul. Poor coaching