• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Football stuns No. 13 W&M 34-24

Seems like a very on-schedule progression through the season for a brand new staff. Playing better each game, developing more chemistry player-to-player and coaches-to-players. Hiccups along the way of course, as should be expected….unless you’re TuTigers2012 whose expectations for a first year coach is an undefeated season or bust. 

William & Mary were suspect coming in. If they were the juggernaut that TuTigers2012 thought they were they would have steamrolled some teams earlier in the season. 

Won’t be surprised at all if we find 2 more wins on our schedule which would make for a very strong 1st season for Coach Pete.

Go Tigers. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

C’mon man, that’s weak. We just went on the road, against a ranked team, in front of the largest crowd in their history, spotted them a 17-point lead, and then ripped their hearts out with a stunning 34-0 run, and this snarky response is the best you can do? Would have been better if you just exercised your right to remain silent 🤫 

What?  I’m on the arete bandwagon. We may suck against shitty teams but show up against good ones.  That causes enough chaos in an average league to cause mahem.  
been waiting s decade for skerry to do in Which Shitnick has caused in a month 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Shitnick

So, we should assume this is a typo, given your solicitude for the football program?🤔

• Like 3

Back on this victory, which was pretty f-ing good. It's weird that with most of Rob's recruits, he's beating teams Rob hadn't beaten in awhile, but then lost to teams like Norfolk State that is one of the worst losses you could ever imagine and Monmouth was not a good loss. But the Monmouth loss was early. The O-line is much different now with the freshman starting at right tackle KJ Brooks and I know some people think that RBs just get yards on their own, they don't beat UNH or W&M without those guys up front. That's a massive line.

Need to play better at home, there's no doubt. I'm just shocked the offense put up 34 without D'Ago Hunter and DK James, arguably the most explosive offensive players on the team. It's hard to even fathom losing those games and then winning those road games, but it's not like we jumped off the bus and took control of the game. I think the coaching staff has to improve on certain areas, but they've also impressed me in their halftime adjustments. At least today and two weeks ago defensively. Offensively, it appears that if we can't run the ball, we don't have a lot of other options. It's easy to just say throw the ball 70% of the time, but we're not built for that. I think it's about getting the ball to the 'playmakers" if Matthews is struggling to find holes. Now that Watkins showed his potential, hopefully Tyrell Greene will be back next week and he'll give us a bigger back with speed.

42 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

What?  I’m on the arete bandwagon. We may suck against shitty teams but show up against good ones.  That causes enough chaos in an average league to cause mahem.  
been waiting s decade for skerry to do in Which Shitnick has caused in a month 

I find it impressive how you make every positive a negative about a different program. 

Great that they made some bye week adjustments and jettisoning a player who was costing the team on the field and then finding the right adjustments to get a big road win.  Keep on building on this.  

Amazing what a little patience will get you. 

• Like 1