• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

May scores 27 to lead MBB over UMass 81-71

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Christmas came early for us Towson fans! Biggest win in the Skerry era at home? Tarke finally getting approved! The team finally showing they can score and play with a faster pace and break a full court press. The refs must have been on the payroll betting the over. Very strange officiating on the same night FloSports made this game free for all the gamblers to view! Suspicious! Fire that officiating crew! 

christian May had a day! We forgot he sucks on the road and is better at home. Good to see his confidence is back! 

dylan is a spark plug, positive or negative. He can create off the dribble, but can also turn it over trying to get too fancy with it. He’s passionate, he’s progressing positively.

Charlie is the heart and soul of this team(not news to anyone) 

Lol Tim Kelly is always an interesting ref. Didn’t feel like the game was that physical but they called everything the second half. That kind of plays into our hands. Not sure why Frank benched the kid who was lighting us up in the first half (did foul May on a 3), but I am thankful he did!

the fact that this may have been the “best/biggest” game in 13 years is just sad. Umass is in the A10 yes. But they are bottom 1/3 team with a lot of young players (like us). We are now 1-3 this season against teams that we should be competing with

williamson made some ridiculously bad passes that had to give pat numerous heart attacks. 2-3 actually worked out in our favor. It’s nice to get a lucky bounce once in a while. Now his driving was phenomenal.  not sure we have seen anyone breakdown a defense and get to the rim like that (well in tiger uniform at least haha). If he can continue with that, it’ll help immensely.

57 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Credit where it is due. Big win, now the job is to keep the ball rolling.

That’s the important thing 

Charles had zero turnovers and although he dribbles too much and was 5-10 from the free throw line looking back last night he, Dylan and May took care of the ball late in the game when it counted most.  
Dylan looked like Dwayne Wade going to the hoop on some of his drives.  
Will a PG makes us the champs down the line..  NO!  But we get Tarke and Hicks back and you won’t see opposing teams dribble penetrate so easily against us.  

The sun don’t shine on the same dog’s ass every day but we haven’t seen a ray of light in a long long time.   That was a game up 9 points under 3 minutes that we could have easily pissed away like season’s past and we didn’t.  

Maybe this win ignites a big run…. TBD!

• Haha 1

Also Coach Frank Martin looked like he was at a funeral, bent over, holding back tears, facing the opposite direction of the court last night. Now THAT is something you don’t see at towson very often. Our team was torturing him out there with how we kept swinging punches all night and never stopped. He was regretting scheduling these two games big time! Nice favor he did for his friend Pat skerry, got embarrassed at home and on the road and took it on the chin because he’s a good friend.

Nice of Flo to have this one for free.  Of course, it was on a night where I was doing other stuff.  Went back and watched it and I was most impressed at how we worked inside out with drives rather than just standing around and trying to play a 2-man game or letting Charles pound the rock into the floor.  Great to see May break out of his funk and I made the joke to a buddy that his slumpbuster probably lives in Tower C (it's a baseball joke).  After the anemic outputs the offense put out, it's evident that as May goes, so will go this offense.  DW going to the rack as much as he did needs to continue to happen.  I've thought since Game 1 that he's the type that can create his own shot when needed.  When Hicks comes back, I wouldn't mind seeing DW at the 2 a little bit.  Of course, if Tarke is indeed coming soon, that's going to give us an extra dimension and allow for less pressure on Lowery and DW to handle the ball.

While listening to Patsos tests the limits of one's eardrums, he did make one very good point -- our schedule has been pretty difficult for a team looking for its identity.  The fact that we've been playing 9-10 guys every night is going to be beneficial when we get into conference, which is looking like it's gonna be a real wagon what with P6 wins in the last week by Wilmington, Drexel, and the Chickens (rather not acknowledge those last 2), plus Monmouth's opening-week win over WVU.  Depth won't be our problem if/when we get Tarke & Hicks in the lineup.  But will it be effective depth?  The one concern when Skerry plays a ton of players is will there be enough basketballs to go around.  If you're getting contributions from someone different every night, that's going to encourage buy-in from everyone.

Now let's take care of the puppies from Catonsville on Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

UMBC lost to Morgan state so I think that means the charm city classic can be ours on Saturday! Is there a trophy? A crabcake? A chaps pit beef sandwich for the winner? Smith island cake at Jimmy’s Famous Seafood?

7 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

Great to see May break out of his funk and I made the joke to a buddy that his slumpbuster probably lives in Tower C (it's a baseball joke).

Not sure when you were at TU but there was certainly no shortage of talent in Tower C circa 2003. 

Regarding your statement with the P6 wins, maybe the league doesn’t stink like it’s claimed to. With the team being so young I’d think PS would want to compete in as many games as possible so they’d want any postseason that’s offered. So having a solid season and beating teams who’ve won big non-conf games could be beneficial. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Blounge said:

UMBC lost to Morgan state so I think that means the charm city classic can be ours on Saturday! Is there a trophy? A crabcake? A chaps pit beef sandwich for the winner? Smith island cake at Jimmy’s Famous Seafood?

A trophy for playing UMBC?!?

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

A trophy for playing UMBC?!?

AND Morgan state! Charm city classic trophy. You could argue we also beat Coppin so that really only leaves Loyola and Goucher left for us to slap around to be the Baltimore Basketball Bad Boys 

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

A free Happy Hour at Gators?  Is Gators even open or am I dating myself.  Let's drop the Arcadia game and get Loyola on the schedule so we can get a true city sweep!