• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls at 0-13 Hampton 67-61

Numbers don’t lie, not at this stage of the season at least. We are one of the worst teams in the country in 3-pt FG%; pace of play and FT %. And we’re nothing special in 3-point shooting %. In 7 conference road games, we have only scored more than 67 points 1X. We just lost to objectively 1 of the worst D1 teams in the country. Our ponderous pace combined with a dearth of good shooters is a recipe for what will likely be yet another desultory exit from the conference tournament. Skerry’s style of play is the textbook definition of insanity-doing the same thing over and over, and expecting (really, in our case, hoping) for a different result. And with our limited NIL, it’s hard to imagine any proficient scorers coming aboard next season. 

Skerry isn’t going anywhere, and that’s the problem. Players come and go, but the results are largely the same. We scratch and claw out a 16-20 W regular season, only to get summarily eliminated in the conference tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Numbers don’t lie, not at this stage of the season at least. We are one of the worst teams in the country in 3-pt FG%; pace of play and FT %. And we’re nothing special in 3-point shooting %. In 7 conference road games, we have only scored more than 67 points 1X. We just lost to objectively 1 of the worst D1 teams in the country. Our ponderous pace combined with a dearth of good shooters is a recipe for what will likely be yet another desultory exit from the conference tournament. Skerry’s style of play is the textbook definition of insanity-doing the same thing over and over, and expecting (really, in our case, hoping) for a different result. And with our limited NIL, it’s hard to imagine any proficient scorers coming aboard next season. 

Skerry isn’t going anywhere, and that’s the problem. Players come and go, but the results are largely the same. We scratch and claw out a 16-20 W regular season, only to get summarily eliminated in the conference tournament. 

Why would he go anywhere. He has it made here. Does not have to win yet gets extensions....some made public, some not.  However, we must admit it is difficult to build a program given the NIL and Portal situations when you are on the short end of the finances. But, maybe that is why he gets half a million...top overcome the obstacles. 

7 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Why would he go anywhere. He has it made here. Does not have to win yet gets extensions....some made public, some not.  However, we must admit it is difficult to build a program given the NIL and Portal situations when you are on the short end of the finances. But, maybe that is why he gets half a million...top overcome the obstacles. 

When I wrote he’s not going anywhere, I certainly didn’t mean it in the context of another school poaching him, but rather that we don’t have the financial wherewithal to sack him, which I firmly believe is what needs to happen. And I don’t disagree-when you’re making near, or maybe more than, 500K a year, the buck stops with you. Other schools are able to bring in scorers, why can’t he?

Edited by TSU88

6 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Has he overcome obstacles?  Which? His own lack of coaching?

NIL is what year 2?  Kelsey and siddle have machines going at their schools. Guess what they don’t have football to suck the money out.  But we lost to Hampton, ne, Monmouth hostra and Delaware in league. (I can Bring up thr weak ooc schedule and bad losses there but won’t). Are all of those schools offering more? Besides Hofstra I would bet now 

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Where are the post game comments?

What is there to say that would even possibly explain this debacle? I mean, he would say how he did a poor job of preparing them, blah, blah, blah. Just more words in the wind 

• Like 1

Good: it was on FloSports so only 14 people total watched this atrocity 

bad: the towson tigers defense

ugly: the towson tigers offense 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Football event up in Vancouver WA.  Just finally seeing the score and comments. 
Did Iverson, Vick or Ronald Curry play for Hampton today???  What a trap game disaster 🫣

I didn’t see this loss coming…. 

Edited by Bay Area Tiger