• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB upsets UNCW 66-56 to Advance to CAA semifinals 66-56

We've done so well with me not being able to watch or listen to the game live that I think I'll do it again for the semifinal game too unless it rains here which is not in the forecast.

Impressive effort by the freshmen to carry the day, especially Williamson.  Big step up by Tarke to sort of jumpstart things in the 2nd half and get us rolling.  The 3-pt defense since the 12:00 mark of the 2nd half vs W&M has been very impressive.  That'll be ultra necessary against Charleston as they'll whip it around the perimeter like they did against us in the home game.  Only way we're gonna beat them is if we keep up this same defensive effort and if we shoot like we did at their place.  Charleston's that white whale that for the most part we haven't been able to take down in a big spot.  We've proven they're beatable.  Just have to play that same game from January.

Oh, and that's another 20-win season.  Of course, there will be those who will foolishly place asterisks on it and that's their agenda.  Would you prefer the consistent 20-loss seasons from 1998-2011?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

We've done so well with me not being able to watch or listen to the game live that I think I'll do it again for the semifinal game too unless it rains here which is not in the forecast.

Impressive effort by the freshmen to carry the day, especially Williamson.  Big step up by Tarke to sort of jumpstart things in the 2nd half and get us rolling.  The 3-pt defense since the 12:00 mark of the 2nd half vs W&M has been very impressive.  That'll be ultra necessary against Charleston as they'll whip it around the perimeter like they did against us in the home game.  Only way we're gonna beat them is if we keep up this same defensive effort and if we shoot like we did at their place.  Charleston's that white whale that for the most part we haven't been able to take down in a big spot.  We've proven they're beatable.  Just have to play that same game from January.

Oh, and that's another 20-win season.  Of course, there will be those who will foolishly place asterisks on it and that's their agenda.  Would you prefer the consistent 20-loss seasons from 1998-2011?

Yep ….. agree.    Ho-Hum; another 20 wins ! 😂 

(at Towson; nottttt Duke 😂)

Bring on da Cougars ! 

7 hours ago, TTiger2024 said:

Yep ….. agree.    Ho-Hum; another 20 wins ! 😂 

(at Towson; nottttt Duke 😂)

Bring on da Cougars ! 

Got to beat Charleston to get to 20 and hang that 20 win banner that you all love so much!  I’ll be at Secu tomorrow before sun rises to help facilities with that, If the upset is pulled!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Got to beat Charleston to get to 20 and hang that 20 win banner that you all love so much!  I’ll be at Secu tomorrow before sun rises to help facilities with that, If the upset is pulled!

Bring your tool belt and take down that SECU sign first.   Those gravy trainers still profiting from us.  After we beat Charleston today the list of new potential arena sponsors will grow.  If only Pizza Palace was still around.  

Charleston is going down today.  Charles in Charge!  Pat’s subtle jabs yesterday to Matt and Jake, his David and Goliath comment, money jab to our AD.  Pat is in a zone right now.  Towson vs Everyone 

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Charleston is going down today.  Charles in Charge!  Pat’s subtle jabs yesterday to Matt and Jake, his David and Goliath comment, money jab to our AD.  Pat is in a zone right now.  Towson vs Everyone 

Hopefully not the twilight zone 

It might be more apt to say “Pat vs. Everyone.” Like him or not, I think we have to resign ourselves to him having, essentially, a lifetime contract. Win or lose tonight, he’ll continue to do enough year in and year out to keep getting extensions. When he decides to retire, we’ll get a new coach.

11 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

It might be more apt to say “Pat vs. Everyone.” Like him or not, I think we have to resign ourselves to him having, essentially, a lifetime contract. Win or lose tonight, he’ll continue to do enough year in and year out to keep getting extensions. When he decides to retire, we’ll get a new coach.

A grim vision of a dystopian future 😆. I for one am hoping for an alternate ending. Like a director’s cut, and I’m the director 

Edited by TSU88