• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
AtlantaTiger

TU Baseball Disaster

Someone please explain to me how on earth Towson baseball has been this bad for so long. I’m assuming it starts with the head coach?

Is there any hope of getting this program to respectability anytime in the foreseeable future??

28 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Someone please explain to me how on earth Towson baseball has been this bad for so long. I’m assuming it starts with the head coach?

Is there any hope of getting this program to respectability anytime in the foreseeable future??

Well,TL never restored all of the scholarships from the Loeshke purge.  Over the past 2 years, there has been an incremental return of some of the funding.  I expect that Steve will be  fully funding the program again, by the end of this year.

Edited by RundaPower
  • Like 1

They lost so many years of progress after the attempted purge that they weren't able to build on their CAA Title win (where have we heard this before in this athletic department?).  What recruit of any significance in the subsequent 5 years was going to come to us with all of that financial mayhem going on?  You wanna talk about tearing it down to the studs, I think we tore this program down to the concrete pourings.

1 hour ago, AtlantaTiger said:

It’s sad. As a baseball fan, wish we had a decent team. Would be more fun and give better notoriety than other spring sports 

17 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

watching a game on the hill randomly on a nice spring afternoon - what a time. the beach and the baseball hill always had great people watching.

Still salty they got rid of the beach volleyball court when they made burdick a turf field.

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Hey, at least the CAA schedulers did us a favor in baseball and didn't schedule us against nationally ranked Campbell this year..

CAA will say it was to make up for the questionable football and basketball schedules given to us!