• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 41, ELON 10 (story up)

If they both finish with better records than us, notwithstanding we beat each of them, there’s the risk they get in over us. This is why I’m going to be a Maine fan this weekend, in their game vs Elon. I’m also going to be pulling for Albany over SB, but I think it’s improbable that the Scooby Doo’s, who are winless in conference, are going to beat SB. 

15 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If they both finish with better records than us, notwithstanding we beat each of them, there’s the risk they get in over us. This is why I’m going to be a Maine fan this weekend, in their game vs Elon. I’m also going to be pulling for Albany over SB, but I think it’s improbable that the Scooby Doo’s, who are winless in conference, are going to beat SB. 

Elon is only playing 10 games.,socan’t get to eight wins.   SB won’t have a win over a “top 5 team “ and would have lost the head to head to us.

While I’ll be the 1st to admit math never was my strongest subject, if Elon beats Maine & we lose to JMU, Elon finishes 7-3, which would be a better record than our 7-4. That early season postponement of the Elon vs W&M game (due to weather) could have playoff implications 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

While I’ll be the 1st to admit math never was my strongest subject, if Elon beats Maine & we lose to JMU, Elon finishes 7-3, which would be a better record than our 7-4. That early season postponement of the Elon vs W&M game (due to weather) could have playoff implications 

Well, the fact that they only are playing 10 games would count against them.  You couple that with the fact that they would have a head to head loss to us on week 10. There is no way they would get in over a Towson team that beat em by 31

So, apparently we’re not the only ones with concerns about poor attendance & student apathy. This post on the Elon board is interesting...reads that the attendance yesterday (on what appeared to be a nice fall day) was around 3K, with very few students. Also interesting to read we had about 200 (vocal) fans in attendance 

1C596A11-30F5-4FA3-BFCA-A101185344E5.png