• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
etiger

Who's excited for 2017 Season?

OK, it is a slow time, but let's get some talk going on the upcoming season. I will start by prognostication:

Sept 2 vs Morgan St. - TU Win 38-10

Sept 9 at U Maryland - TU Loss 21-17

Sept 16 at St. Francis - TU Win 42-17

Sept 23 At Stony Brook - TU Win 28-24

Sept 30 vs. Villanova - TU Win 24-14

Oct 14 - vs Richmond - TU Win 17-16

Oct 21 At New Hampshire - TU Win 42-21

Oct 28 vs Delaware - TU Win 35-17

Nov 4 at Elon - TU Win 28-17

Nov 11 at W&M - TU Loss 24-21

Nov 18 vs Rhode Island - TU Win 42-14

TU 9-2 on the season

Your thoughts?

From your computer to God's ears!  There will be a SOT type game there somewhere so I will say 8-3 and that should get us into the postseason!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

From your computer to God's ears!  There will be a SOT type game there somewhere so I will say 8-3 and that should get us into the postseason!

exactly.  

Tried one of these last year and well like the season, it was a disaster.

3 hours ago, etiger said:

OK, it is a slow time, but let's get some talk going on the upcoming season. I will start by prognostication:

Sept 2 vs Morgan St. - TU Win 38-10                  W  27-17**

Sept 9 at U Maryland - TU Loss 21-17                 L  38-7

Sept 16 at St. Francis - TU Win 42-17                 W 24-21  One should hope 

Sept 23 At Stony Brook - TU Win 28-24               W  21-20 (we usually win there and they always win here)

Sept 30 vs. Villanova - TU Win 24-14                   L 31-20 **

Oct 14 - vs Richmond - TU Win 17-16                 L 42-39  Based off the past that neither team can stop each-other **

Oct 21 At New Hampshire - TU Win 42-21          L 34-24  UNH makes the playoffs based off this game!

Oct 28 vs Delaware - TU Win 35-17                    L  9-3   Last year was a disaster**

Nov 4 at Elon - TU Win 28-17                             W 31-17  One should hope...**

Nov 11 at W&M - TU Loss 24-21                        W 26-24 GW FG

Nov 18 vs Rhode Island - TU Win 42-14            W 31-10  One should hope... but last year..

TU 9-2 on the season

Your thoughts?

So I see 6-5 and 4-4 CAA.  Just enough for another "next year status quo"  Hopefully I am wrong and one or two of those L's turn to W's

Fun Fact we play 5 teams with new coaches to their schools in 2017.

Other Fun Fact- in 2016 only 3 coaches in the CAA had a losing record going into 2016 and 2 are not back in 2017

Football season is just 2 months away. Lets get some talk going. Looking forward to an exciting year. Opening up on 2 Sept vs Morgan State. Battle of Baltimore! This should be a very large crowd. Students on campus and will be excited to come for the first game. We need all the TU football alumni to come and support this team.

• Like 1

Season is approaching fast and I'm getting pumped!

Mat - will you be able to see a practice before Morgan State? I'm dying to read one of your insightful practice analysis posts! 

55 minutes ago, BradTU said:

Season is approaching fast and I'm getting pumped!

Mat - will you be able to see a practice before Morgan State? I'm dying to read one of your insightful practice analysis posts! 

Definitely, Brad. I might be out there this Saturday if they are in pads but not sure. Also no two-a-days anymore Probably a good thing.

• Like 1

Graduated last December, close with a few on the team, definitely pumped for them

Edited by sr16

On 6/26/2017 at 5:33 PM, Blazer49 said:

8-3 should get anyone in the playoffs these days, discounting the PL, PFL and maybe the MEAC.

I definitely like our chances showing up against Maryland after their ass kicking in Texas and prior to a week off. But I'm way too biased to be trusted.

What is SOT?  I'm corn-fused.

Ed where are you tailgating for the Twerps game?