• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB defeats Charleston, 73-62

5 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

For sentimental value, I’ll throw in the last game at the Towson Center. Forgot who we beat. The game itself had no real significance (I think that was the year we were banned from postseason play) but it was nice to close the TC with a W.

We beat Hofstra. I'll never forget that whole weekend seeing some old friends and coach T. But Jerome Hairston had a 2-0 fastbreak and had Mike Burwell and dunked it himself. That to me was the end of him. What a selfish player.

Forgot Iona. Good W over a legit mid-major who’s gone dancing a few times.

Manhattan-because it won the tournament & it was a buzzer beater.

The last 2 wins over GMU. Sure, they weren’t the Laranaga teams, but still nice to beat them.

I guess you have to throw in the post-season W a few years ago where McGlynn hit the half court shot for the W.

• Like 1

The guys played great. Was a significant win. Just as you hold your horses after a four game losing streak, this is just something to build on, not get carried away about . They need to continue to play like this. The capabilities were shown yesterday, but the key for a really good team is to do this consistently. Looking forward to more efforts like this and less like the ones from the losing streak. 

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

For sentimental value, I’ll throw in the last game at the Towson Center. Forgot who we beat. The game itself had no real significance (I think that was the year we were banned from postseason play) but it was nice to close the TC with a W.

I remember this, we half rushed the court with the football team. I remember the excitement of SECU opening the following year

• Like 1

I loved the Morsell dunk at the end. C of C was bitching all game so why not put a nice exclamation point on it.  

Reminded me of when we played the Mason Final 4 team and were down by like 20 and  Folarin Campbell dunked it at the buzzer. That pissed me off.  I remember Jonathan Pease exchanging plesantries with him after that one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TUTigers said:

In other CAA news, the Tribe look goooood. 

Like other CAA teams that shoot well from three, W&M worries me (even UNCW and Delaware can light it up, and we all know about Wright-Foreman). Tony Shaver is a good coach, always seems to get the most from his players, so the Tribe is a legitimate contender. Of course, the season is long and all of the teams will have ups-and-downs, but Charleston has been exposed as fallible, so a wild ride is likely ahead.

Not to take anything away from W&M, but I do want to see how they fare vs us & C of C before I totally buy in. But, no question, they can shoot & are not to be taken lightly.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Not to take anything away from W&M, but I do want to see how they fare vs us & C of C before I totally buy in. But, no question, they can shoot & are not to be taken lightly.

Live by the 3, die by the 3.  I watched Florida shoot lights out from 3-point land in Portland on their way to almost winning the PK80.  A week later, they can't find anything from there against FSU and Loyola-Chicago.  If you face teams that can extend their defense and/or have length from their guards, it makes it a lot more difficult to hit from out there.  I would guess that the scouting report has already been formulated for the Tribe.  But first, let's take care of Foreman-Wright and Gustys and company on Thursday night.  F-W went for 39 yesterday against Elon and he's just the kind of guy that could beat us at home.

Dude’s a scoring machine, no doubt. Make him earn his 20-25 by taking a lot of shots, & shooting at a low %, & hopefully we pull out the W.

Even with him pouring in 39, Hofstra lost by 13, & the rest of his teammates only scored 37 points. 

Edited by TSU88