• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB gets blasted by North Texas 65-39

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Reality check time: he’s got 3 years, after this season, left on his t& he’s not getting bought out. I don’t know what’s going to happen when we start the real season, i.e., conference play. If the CAA is as weak as some believe, we might be able to hold our heads above water. I don’t have any inside information, but I’m going to assume Tarke’s not going to see the court this season. Without him, we may have one of the worst offenses in the country. And as high as I am on Cole, he’s a completely unknown commodity. The real villain here isn’t Skerry (not his fault on Conway, Tarke, Watson) but rather Tim Leonard, for giving Skerry that insane 8-year extension, which we now wear like an albatross around our necks 

Truly an agonizing dose of reality. It’s like being in basketball purgatory. Just good enough to win a bunch of mostly meaningless games to avoid the basement of the conference, not good enough to get us to the next level of success. We’re stuck in the Twilight Zone. 

27 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

We’re stuck in the Twilight Zone. 

Even Rod Serling couldn’t write a Twilight Zone episode this frightening 

50 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Reality check time: he’s got 3 years, after this season, left on his contract and he’s not getting bought out. I don’t know what’s going to happen when we start the real season, i.e., conference play. If the CAA is as weak as some believe, we might be able to hold our heads above water. I don’t have any inside information, but I’m going to assume Tarke’s not going to see the court this season. Without him, we may have one of the worst offenses in the country. And as high as I am on Cole, he’s a completely unknown commodity. The real villain here isn’t Skerry (not his fault on Conway, Tarke, Watson) but rather Tim Leonard, for giving Skerry that insane 8-year extension, which we now wear like an albatross around our necks 

Agree on Leonard. Disagree on skerry not being to blame. He brought these guys In. The tarke thing is annoying that people aren’t gettin is if Conway isn’t in trouble, there is no tarke.
He didn’t bring in a point guard this year, knowing how bad hicks is and that he’s injury prone.  Some say him out played a role in todays loss. yeah if he plays we only lose by 24..  for a team that relies on fouls and rebounding we need depth. Beiku, Coleman and parr aren’t and didn’t get it done. I get it someone has to be 9-12 on the bench but these guys aren’t scholarship level players. 

caa does stink but so do we. The top teams aren’t as good as last year but some of the bottom teams have improved slightly 

30 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

He didn’t bring in a point guard this year,

This I agree with. Tarke isn’t a PG, nor is Cole. Williamson is being forced to play the point, but he’s not really a PG. It is infuriating, given how long he’s been here, thst Skerry has been so inept in terms of his inability to bring in a good PG. You would think he’d have stumbled on one by this point, even by accident. The best PG he had, Cam Holden, wasn’t even truly a PG. Does anyone on this board realistically believe, given his track record, that Skerry is going to reverse this trend and bring in a legit PG next season? I don’t 

Hicks is in concussion protocol correct?  
So thankfully he will be back soon.  
He’s one of our captains…  I think he’s gonna bounce back and steady this team.  
We are of course still need more help this season.  Gotta believe Tarke starts in December.  
7 games to prepare for conference play. 

Lots of ifs… 

May & Williamson have to shoot better than 26% from 3 if we are gonna win some conference games.   

Skip Turkey on Thursday boys..  practice practice and more practice.  

15 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Reality check time: he’s got 3 years, after this season, left on his contract and he’s not getting bought out. I don’t know what’s going to happen when we start the real season, i.e., conference play. If the CAA is as weak as some believe, we might be able to hold our heads above water. I don’t have any inside information, but I’m going to assume Tarke’s not going to see the court this season. Without him, we may have one of the worst offenses in the country. And as high as I am on Cole, he’s a completely unknown commodity. The real villain here isn’t Skerry (not his fault on Conway, Tarke, Watson) but rather Tim Leonard, for giving Skerry that insane 8-year extension, which we now wear like an albatross around our necks 

"we may have one of the worst offenses in the country"     seriously?    lol, the sky is NOT fallin.  did anyone think we were gonna come 3-0 outta dis thing?   1-2 woulda been huge, but looking at the field; 0-3 was the play; and ....here we are.  jeez - back away from the ledge.    get some reps, get healthy, get some guys cleared (hopefully) and bring on league play.  all the folks who say "20+ wins dont matter, its only the conf playoffs" kick and scream when we lose to da big boyz in the reg season.    VENMO me if you wanna bet the Morgan St game..............

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

"we may have one of the worst offenses in the country"     seriously?    lol, the sky is NOT fallin.  did anyone think we were gonna come 3-0 outta dis thing?   1-2 woulda been huge, but looking at the field; 0-3 was the play; and ....here we are.  jeez - back away from the ledge.    get some reps, get healthy, get some guys cleared (hopefully) and bring on league play.  all the folks who say "20+ wins dont matter, its only the conf playoffs" kick and scream when we lose to da big boyz in the reg season.    VENMO me if you wanna bet the Morgan St game..............

I would assume at this early stage of the season we’re statistically one of the worst offenses in the country, in terms of ppg, shooting %, and pace, but hey, why let stats get in the way of reality. Btw, you conveniently did not quote the passage of my post where I wrote that once we get to conference play, we might keep our heads above water 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

I think anyone and everyone would have been happy with 1-2 from this tournament probably even pleasantly surprised as most of us saw 0-3 coming out of this.  What is upsetting, embarrassing whatever adjective you want to use is the fact that our worst defeat from the weekend probably came from the game on paper we had the best chance to win and they got thoroughly whipped.  We would have been better off heading home after the Wake game instead of hanging around and putting that effort out there.  

We have all seen this same show over and over and over again and the only constant is Skerry.  13 years it's time to go.  Even if he had one or two NCAA appearances it would probably be time to go.  Great guy and has done a lot for the program but it is time for new leadership.  Somehow someway they have to find a way to deal with the remaining years on his contract.  The first thing you do when you are in a hole is stop digging.  We have been in this hole for way too long and cannot continue shoveling another 3 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I would assume at this early stage of the season we’re statistically one of the worst offenses in the country, in terms of ppg, shooting %, and pace, but hey, why let stats get in the way of reality. Btw, you conveniently did not quote the passage of my post where I wrote that once we get to conference play, we might keep our heads above water 

We woulda been happy with 1-2. But wake was winnable and we were up 2 with 5 left and only scored 2 more the rest of the way. Wakes defense sucks Elon put up 55 in a half at their place. We put up 61 total on a neutral court.

What worries me is league play. Our offense is usually better (relative to themselves) ooc. Games are more free flowing and teams and refs aren’t as familiar with us. Obviously that can change but most of these coaches know us and pat and what we can and can’t do. 

1 hour ago, Blazer49 said:

I think anyone and everyone would have been happy with 1-2 from this tournament probably even pleasantly surprised as most of us saw 0-3 coming out of this.  What is upsetting, embarrassing whatever adjective you want to use is the fact that our worst defeat from the weekend probably came from the game on paper we had the best chance to win and they got thoroughly whipped.  We would have been better off heading home after the Wake game instead of hanging around and putting that effort out there.  

We have all seen this same show over and over and over again and the only constant is Skerry.  13 years it's time to go.  Even if he had one or two NCAA appearances it would probably be time to go.  Great guy and has done a lot for the program but it is time for new leadership.  Somehow someway they have to find a way to deal with the remaining years on his contract.  The first thing you do when you are in a hole is stop digging.  We have been in this hole for way too long and cannot continue shoveling another 3 years.

Excellent post.  The game yesterday was an embarrassment and for some to say it’s because of one player we lost so badly is ridiculous. Hicks isn’t a game changer. Sorry. And the Tarke business is just another lame excuse some sympathizers use. Every team we played this weekend had players awaiting an appeal. 

teams we have beaten this year, 0-9 record 

teams we have lose to this year, 14-5 record 

same old same old.  

• Like 2