• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB stuns Charleston 82-78

Tarke is 23-33 this season.  Not bad. 
Any word on Captain Hicks if and when he can return?  
And our opponents are now shooting 31% from the beyond the arc against us.  Last season it was 33%.  Credit to shoring up our perimeter defense which still needs work but yesterday I saw CofC put in spots they weren’t totally comfortable shooting from and that is the key.  

38 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Practicing free throws isn't the problem. They do it all the time. It's the mental aspect of shooting them in the clutch in front of fans who are either booing you or wanting to cheer you. Some will never be good at it and some want the pressure. It's also the approach. Take your time. A deep breath. Shoot over the front of the rim. Also might try playing loud music or simulating crowd noise. Putting people in the back of the basket and yelling at them when they are at the line. Williamson, Tejada, May and even Suliaman should be at least 70% FT shooters. Shooting in the last five minutes is another story. Probably why I'd rather have Tarke shooting them than Dylan only due to experience. Tarke shot 54% from the line last season, but he gives a more relaxed vibed because he's been a D1 player for 4 years.

Make each player, in practice, make 6 (or any other given number) in a row or the entire team has to run 10 suicides.........peer pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Practicing free throws isn't the problem. They do it all the time. It's the mental aspect of shooting them in the clutch in front of fans who are either booing you or wanting to cheer you. Some will never be good at it and some want the pressure. It's also the approach. Take your time. A deep breath. Shoot over the front of the rim. Also might try playing loud music or simulating crowd noise. Putting people in the back of the basket and yelling at them when they are at the line. 

Coach should bribe a frat with pizza and beers to come scream and jump up and down in the stands while the team practices free throws

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Coach should bribe a frat with pizza and beers to come scream and jump up and down in the stands while the team practices free throws

..Yeah I’m sure that will work..

28 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Tarke is 23-33 this season.  Not bad. 
Any word on Captain Hicks if and when he can return?  
And our opponents are now shooting 31% from the beyond the arc against us.  Last season it was 33%.  Credit to shoring up our perimeter defense which still needs work but yesterday I saw CofC put in spots they weren’t totally comfortable shooting from and that is the key.  

Does it matter right now? The rotation as is, is better without him in it. He’s had numerous concussions and just like Gibson, earlier this season might be the last we see if him on the court.  Feel bad for him but the show must go on. 

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Sorry for betting against the boys! I wanted to fan the flames and ignite some fire into this fan base. It was really quiet on here until the 3’s started raining in Charleston! I’m happy to eat crow after having little confidence in our guys to get it done on the road. Now we have two impressive wins against two of the best teams in the league CofC and UNCW. But on the other hand we have two ugly losses to Monmouth and NE.

Towson basketball a rollercoaster of emotions! 

Monmouth was ugly but they are a solid team this year and likely will finish top 6 if not higher. 

Yesterday after seeing our team over/under posted at 63 1/2, it sent me down a rabbit hole of our history against Charleston.  Starting last night, here's our last totals against CoC -- 82, 72, 75, 74 (OT), 80, 74, 53, 88 (2OT), 70, 69.  That goes back to the 2019-20 season.  So even though we struggle with offense at times and winning vs Charleston in particular, there's something about playing them that brings out our offense.  We're certainly not going to throw in a 10-19 effort from 3 every game but finding an ounce of that consistency from the outside is gonna go a long way in these last 6 weeks of the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice win as I said earlier. Let’s see if it continues. I’m also petitioning for Mat to come back into the chats! We need him!😀

Hicks does matter.  He was made a captain before the season commenced.  
So yes I’m gonna keep asking.  No man left behind.  If he was done I think PS would have told us in a report right!?  Wait I’m crazy..  he wouldn’t say a word. 

We miss you Rahdir!  Get well soon.  

1 minute ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Hicks does matter.  He was made a captain before the season commenced.  
So yes I’m gonna keep asking.  No man left behind.  If he was done I think PS would have told us in a report right!?  Wait I’m crazy..  he wouldn’t say a word. 

We miss you Rahdir!  Get well soon.  

No such announcement was made last season with Gibson. I wouldn’t have any problem with Hicks coming back. He’s clearly been supplanted as the PG, by both DWill and Tarke, but he would have some utility coming off the bench to play maybe 10 minutes a game. That being said, he suffered this concussion over 2 months ago. I think anyone anticipating him returning has to reconcile that it’s highly unlikely, to put it charitably 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

No such announcement was made last season with Gibson. I wouldn’t have any problem with Hicks coming back. He’s clearly been supplanted as the PG, by both DWill and Tarke, but he would have some utility coming off the bench to play maybe 10 minutes a game. That being said, he suffered this concussion over 2 months ago. I think anyone anticipating him returning has to reconcile that it’s highly unlikely, to put it charitably 

He’s had multiple concussions and that’s the reason why he’s not back and may not return.

• Sad 1